February 11, 2006

Tooth be told

While Ellen is tormented by the visitations of a teething monster, I have a different issue! My son is finally having a shaking molar(?). He is troubled by it so much that he can hardly chew anything. All my valiant attempts at yanking it cleanly off from the root have failed because though it is shaking at the crown, the root is fully in place. In a moment of desperation, I sought to comfort him- the only which way I knew. 'Don't worry, sweetheart, Tooth fairy, may come by for it, AND she may get a gift for you too', I said, engulfing him in a mama hug.



And now I agonise... Santa is still a favoured myth, but is fairies a bit too much? Is it ok to talk of fairies to a seven year OLD boy? Dd was thrilled with the visits of the tooth fairy and the gifts she brought, but a Boy??? Will it have any long term impact on the impressionable 'boy' mind? And what if he demands a beyblade for each tooth traded? Tooth be told? Tooth be sold?

12 comments:

Sideways Chica said...

Hello Shankari...I love "tooth be told." Your son is still a little one for another year and a half. Most likely he will tell you when there is no tooth fairy. As for the "shaken molar," I am still LOL. I think "loose tooth" is what you are looking for. Another oddity of the English language.

Take care chica...and thanks for being such an important part of my round table every week.
:)

Teri

Jerusha said...

I went out and bought a couple of Beyblades yesterday, there's a sale going on at Hyderabad Central and I got a 30% discount, which meant I saved around Rs 62/- on them. Want me to grab some for you, in case the unsettling molar decides to 'uproot' and you suddenly find yourself in need of fairy gifts? :)

Shankari said...

Hi Teri, the pleasure ia mine!:)

Thanks for that lovely offer Sundancer! But as Teri said, he is still a little one and is usually happy with a *hug* from Mama or a Golden Star on his hand!

The whole day Sunay has been spent by all the neighbourhood kids beyblading, yet surprisingly, no damages in terms of broken beyblades! (Fingers crossed!) 3,2,1 let it rip, as is the anthem!

AfricaBleu said...

My son is 8 and still firmly believes in the Tooth Fairy. Last tooth he lost, the Tooth Fairy was negligient, and a big explanation of how she got caught in a snow storm followed. The next night, she DID bring the required golden dollar, but my son was grouchy because she had not covered the room in fairy dust, as she usually did.

I think MOMMY'S getting too old for the tooth fairy, in this house...

Shankari said...

Oh yes! Becky I know about that getting old bit! The enthusiasm I had with dd seems at times to lag with ds- and I have 'only' 2 kids! :(
BTW, the root holds strong even now!

Michael said...

ur kid is looking so cute!!
missing you as well..hope they don't have this policy in my next office!!

Anonymous said...

lol@beyblade! :)

ano

LAK said...

Oh, let him have the tooth fairy until he himself grows out of it--after all the teeth are limited in number---so gifts are also limited!. Wisdom will come, even if the wisdom tooth doesn't!BTW, I'm mailing you my email id--u asked for it, remember?

Anonymous said...

DS is really cute...I got to see him finally.
You are tagged!!!

Prithi Shetty said...

Aw, tooth pain is the worst of all pains.
(Ok you Mom's may want to differ)

Shankari said...

Prithi :)

Pallavi said...

hahaha poor baby.. put some clove oil on his gums.. will ease the pain.. :)