February 15, 2006

Gifted Me!

Anjali in her various moods and colours has told me I'm gifted! I'm finally coming round to that view myself. I do seem to be a very gifted person, indeed.

It started with a sudden and unexpected parcel arriving for me at home while I was at work one day in mid January. When I heard of it and of its sender, over the phone from my major domo, I had a fair idea that it must be a lovely gift. And so it was, as I discovered at the end of that extremely long day- a gift from a dear sweet friend who had picked up some of the choicest stuff from Cottage for me and the kids and parceled it.

Then came the diamonds dh bought me- as part of the now annual exercise- a stone to mark each milestone.

Then came the 'surprise' gift which even dh could not wait to reveal. While I was half-hoping half-fearing that it was going to be the Labrador pup which the entire family (but me) wanted, I was totally taken by surprise by the gift of the latest i-pod!

The day dawned bright and nice with my kids gifting me their affection in the form of a, what else, beyblade card, which was a download from beyblade.com. An old friend and new got together and gifted me with a flowery cheesy sinful long lunch. Dh gave me a lovely long dinner!!! Another friend called up a day later and gifted me a book- all wrapped up and pretty. I thought I was very much gifted.

So imagine my surprise when my new friend Pallavi again sent me a parcel- with not one or two but a delightful collection of three books! And then she followed the parcel and came around to gift me the pleasure of her company too! In the midst of all the exciting things happening in her life, it was a great gift to spend a few hours with her and imbibe from her, her philosophy and her abundant energy.

I've said my grace before, so I shall repeat it- thank you all!

15 comments:

Michael said...

WWAAAHHHHH!!huhuhhmm..WWAAAHHH!hic!sniff!
go ahead ..make me feel miserable about myself.
Waise not really..ur call was such a nice surprise..love you for it.

Anonymous said...

Trust you DF to twist my words...ha ha...so actually you proved your DHs and my point...you are truly gifted.

Shankari said...

Hi Noora and Anjali! :)

AfricaBleu said...

What a great day you had! Couldn't have happened to a nicer gal...

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

so u r one happy person who has got some fundu gifts .....
btw Happy B'day (or is it the Anniversary??)

Shankari said...

Hi Swathi!
It was the birth anniversary- :)and yes this time round, it was gift time!

Shankari said...

Hi Swathi!
It was the birth anniversary- :)and yes this time round, it was gift time!

Anonymous said...

wow! that is so nice! and this made for a warm fuzzy-feeling-inside read.

ano

Shankari said...

Thank you Becky and Anitha! :)

Prithi Shetty said...

Kewl !

Pallavi said...

BLUSH !!! THanks for the mention.. sweets.. I hope you enjoy your books.. it always feels nice to be gifted.. LOLOL..
WOW Ipod.. Awesome.. but would have loved the Labrador anyday... I am dreaming of two labs SIGH !!! heheheh !!

Shankari said...

Hey Pallavi,

Yes, I too would have been drooling over the labs but AFTER two kids?!

This tired old woman doesn't have your kind of cosmic energy!!! lol

Sideways Chica said...

Good for you...especially on the Ipod. Now you know where my priorities lie. Music. I have to have music.

Ciao chica...

Shankari said...

Yes Teri, I am so acute in my hearing now- with the ipod I'm feeling totally suffused with the music. Your post for this week is something I keep coming to and am unable to express meslf.

You sure are an overwhelming woman!!

Sideways Chica said...

No worries Shankari...I know you have been by. Enjoy your music...

Ciao