February 26, 2006

Alive / Brain dead

Today began well. I was up at crack of dawn, went for a mind altering Kerala massage and got back even before dh could get up and come down. He found me deeply engrossed in the furrows over the brows of John who was featured in the Sunday edition of TOI (sorry can't get a link to that article, actually that picture).

The handsome hunk is quite the dreamboat and I was drooling over him to the accompaniment of certain disgusted sounds emanating from the diffused direction of dh. I could have prolonged the lech session, if only I went and sat through a three hour movie featuring him and still playing in the neighbourhood multiplexes after all those weeks. So why not!?

Zinda? No, thank you!

It is one of the slick productions shot in Hongkong with the right camera work and all the mysterious skills that go into the making of a slick movie. It has reportedly got very good performances from the lead actors (though methinks the female half of the audience would more likely have been in swoons) , taut tension throughout, absolutely vile violence, great music and all. So why am I writing of this here rather than going out and seeing the movie? The problem is, I read the story of the movie. Having got that advantage(?) would I still subject myself to the torture of watching three hours of zipless yuck about men fighting battles and avenging each other through the violence wreaked or purported to be wreaked on the bodies of the other guy's women???

The entire elaborate charade of sexy sophistication falls flat on a story which screams antiquated cave-man mores. OK, I have strong opinions, who doesn't?

Sorry John if you want me to go out and buy tickets to watch you, you've got to pick a better story.

9 comments:

Prithi Shetty said...

Completely agree wih you. That's one reason I avoided Zinda.

So, did you check out "Taxi 9 2 11" ? Trailers were sure funny.

Anonymous said...

I would recommend you to watch taxi no 9211. All the news papers have rated the film very well.

I prefer abhishek to him anyway.

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

though i also drool majorly over the aforementioned JA, still not strong enuf to go n watch his movies, i think i am happy browsing his fotos in those filmi magazines of my neighbourhood beauty parlour :)

Shankari said...

Hey Prithi, I'll surely do my due diligence before checking him out in the new one.

Anonymous, you missed the point. I MAJORLY like JA rather than any baby AB, just that I'd see him in a movie only if it did not offend.

Swathi, guess we belong to the sisterhood, eh? :p

Anonymous said...

JA is cool...and from the interview in TOI he appeared a down to earth guy.But still there needs to be something more in him to force us - the members of sisterhood - to cinema halls. May be some rang basanti. What say DF?

LAK said...

Well I only saw Dhoom and JA was good in that! BTW, the Basanti color doth hurt my eyes a wee bit too much!

AfricaBleu said...

I agree with you about JA - he is a pretty, pretty man.

He still can't compete with SRK, imho, though - I just can't get enough of that man! My daughter and I watched Kal Ho Na Ho for the SIX BILLIONTH time this weekend - and I cried AGAIN.

Pathetic.

Shankari said...

lak, glad you finally said it- I was getting tired of the colour too. Easily changed! :)

Gangadhar, glad you are Zinda at the end of it. hahaha

Becky, I do know just how much you LOVE SRK, so any praise for JA coming from you is seriously good!

As for watching KHNH for the n-billionth time and crying still- not at all pathetic girl, defiantly no! :)

Pallavi said...

a massage is pending for me too.. will take it one of these days..

and yeah I gave that movie a miss.. either ways.. want to watch Crash.. this weekend