January 12, 2006

Hi!




I hurtle up the narrow flight
To answer that unheard call
The blinding blazing sunlight
On the bare white-washed wall

White-red white-red white-red
Insistently persistently pounding
This pattern permeates my head
Urging me to stumble up tripping

The leaf latticed, sun bleached terrace
Instills in me cold confounding dread
My eyes flicker in feverish pace
Seeking some temperate solace instead

But abruptly my jerky puppet movements end
Its not everyday, I make a new friend!



This one is 'inspired' by the head cold I have (acquired from Delhi, second-hand via dh who has been buzzing between the capital and home these last two weeks). The rush up enabled me to see a similarly heat seeking butterfly on the aforesaid terrace.

The last line of course is totally Narnia, which I finally managed to see yesterday, with the kids. Loved it! :))

3 comments:

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

wonderful lines,those...

Anonymous said...

Yes Shankari...its not everyday, we make a new friend!
:)

Shankari said...

Swathi & mn'c, welcome my new friends! :)