November 08, 2005

The visual Harry Potter & the Goblet Of Fire

NOTE: Muggles (non-magic folk) prohibited from commenting


Yes, I know- everyone has their own posts on the HP and the GOF. Hasn't been done to death, you may ask. But please do indulge me and let me have my say on what portends to be a major event. For the uninitiated, I'm sorry, read no further. NO MUGGLES ALLOWED!

The fans have been going crazy and the sites couldn't have had better business but what is GOF to me?

It is far more complex and far more scary than movies I-III. Kids who were terrified of the chamber of secrets and the dementors out of Azkaban are going to reel under the visuals of the explicit violence of the introductory part of the House of Riddles. Mad Eye Moody would be a tough one to watch at least in the initial shots. The dragons, Avada Kedavara, Imperio, o the evil is EVIL. Most importantly, its a growing up movie- all manner of relationships are hinted at and developed in the book- everyone- even Hagrid seems to have discovered love. Snogging sounds kinda cute in the book, but visuals!?!

Of course, none of this is going to keep kids away. Not even the PG13 rating! Both my preteen & the lil one are counting the days to the BIG DAY- 18th November, here in India.

Parental Guidance be damned! Guess we just have to let the kids sort things out in the movie hall and parental guidance shall have to follow!!!

7 comments:

Shankari said...

Can u believe it???

The school is taking the kids first day-first show!!!

Anonymous said...

Even I was amazed! But good thing we stuck to alma mater- DPS despite distance, traffic, and awwwwful hindi!

Prithi Shetty said...

i missed out the 3rd movie. i hope i can catch this one. but nothing beats the book.

Anonymous said...

We're being nagged to book tickets for the 18th Nov!!!
As a matter of fact, I think I haven't seen No. 3, tho Narain n Aditya both say I have- CANNOT remember!
BTW, when do u get to SLEEP????

Shankari said...

Sleep? when was the last time I heard/thot/dreamt of that?

On a roll with my ALA/blog high! I seem to be yo-yoing between the miracle drugs- after 3 months of metformin, I'm now addicted to my daily fix of Alpha Lipoic Acid. Am going for days w/out sleep. Don't know when & where the crash will come- but I think it will:( Till then, lemme paarti!

Prithi Shetty said...

Here's the Rediff Review

Shankari said...

A lot of you have asked (offline!) if I did see the movie and why I don't post my review.
Yes to the first, no to the second. As so many ppl havent seent he movie yet, I think I shan't play Spoiler. Maybe those of us who are interested could the discuss the movie- but not on this blog at this juncture.