November 10, 2005

Today's Major Tender Moment

Usually, I don't ever talk about work (becuz its soooo boring and I'm such a sport!) but today I had a major 'moment'.

The week has been crazy hectic and horrible. Just as I had put behind me a series of unpleasant back to back meetings, came the last straw. At 6 pm, amidst frantic calls from the kids @ home reg. who's going on the 18th for the screening of HP & who for Hanuman (are they ACTUALLY releasing on the same day!?), I suddenly found myself outnumbered and disadvantaged by eight 'parties' who trooped in for a tender opening. I'm extremely sorry to say that I conducted myself very civilly and did NOT blow my top much as I wanted to.

So here I am dear blog, venting about my tender 'moment'!

3 comments:

scott said...

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "a tender opening".

In any case, it is certainly a virtue to be able to maintain your composure and civility in spite of stress and annoyance.

"Blowing your top" is overrated.

Hello, shankarimurali.

Shankari said...

Thanks for coming back, Scott!

Tender opening is extreme officialese for the process where all the 'parties' who have tendered for a work, come around and watch while all the sealed tenders are opened and read out.

It was a dry and protracted process which made sharply painful for me by the tenderness(PAIN!) within caused by the pent up stress AND that call from home:(

Prithi Shetty said...

ah ! so thats what it is.
i was wondering what the 'tender moment' here was ?