October 07, 2006

A tag of eight

Another tag. Another eight.


Atul tagged me this time and while all the others he tagged seem to have smartly come up with their own versions of the tag, I have dawdled over this not knowing what else I could say about me which my limited readership does not already know about me.

1. I am known to perform and hold sustained that extremely complicated yogic asana for extended periods of time, the classic foot-in-mouth asana.

2. My nose swells quite independent of the rest of me- especially when I begin to cry, which is often.

3. I shake like a jelly when I laugh, which is often too.

4. I preen at my kids and can spend hours, even days, grooming and cleaning
them.

5. I love eating bread (white, brown, warm, old, fresh, soft, fibre-rich, garlicky, flaky, buttery, cheesy, banana, raagi bread- you name it) and can actually spend the rest of life feeding on bread. Alas! I don't.

6. I am fiercely protective of all those whom I adopt as my own. I am NOT a soccer mom but can often lapse into the Mom-Fom-Hell mode.

7. I am very impressed by all the well-groomed folk, but can relate instantly to those whose hair is a bit, umm, disarrayed.

8. I appreciate people who sing and recite well, even while I am godawfully off-key myself.


And what of this tag? All of you who read this, please take this one and attempt your own tag of eight.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

there you are! thank you for taking up the tag. What abt 'Indian bread'? Nan and the likes?

Shankari said...

Atul,

Bread is All!

Roti, parnatha, naan, roomali, you name it! :)

Sujit said...

bread you mean BREAD!!!..??.. yuck yuck.... i hate bread!.. its only eatable when feel sick.. other than that!.. always seek for something else!... hehe..

why is that cry and laugh both are often?.. how can the proportion be same ?..wondering..:(

Shankari said...

mmmmm, I [heart] bread- all breads!

O, what happened to the Dilli walli in me? I left out the kulchas and the bhaturas!!!!

And dare I mention, I totally loooove falafel. Bread anyone?

:p

starry said...

interesting, got to learn a lot about you.I love all sorts of bread also.Its good that you can laugh about anything.Already done this tag,so will pass.

Shankari said...

Starry,

What a pity you already done this tag- must read it!

Great that you are a breadie too! For all my love for bread, I am no great baker- in fact typically enough, cake is so much easier to bake than bread!

Priyamvada_K said...

Shankari,
Dropped in to say hi. I like people who laugh with their whole body, shaking like jelly.

If you like bread, here's a link for you:

http://www.sailusfood.com/2006/09/14/bread-halwa-indian-sweet/

Priya.

Junius said...

interesting!
but...quite a similarity with C haa...?...

Shankari said...

Priya,

I respect my bread tooooo much to deep fry it and make a halwa-ish paste of it! (Bread upma is as far as I'd go)

But thanks for a link to a wonderful site. Hope to lurk there often, long and gainfully!

:)

Ende,

C haa...?... Tea? :-/
Interesting too?
(now you really have me worried) :o

Jolvin Rodrigues said...

Nice attempt on the tag - Liked it especially the nose part :)

Anonymous said...

So nicely done Shankari..
And me too done this tag,quite a while ago. :)

Shankari said...

Hi Jolly

Welcome hereabouts
This flaring nostril bit- aaaw! *blushes*

Hi Ganga!

:)

chitra said...

Hi dear,

Thanks for the 7th comment! :)

Reminds of our trip to gujarath from college where we had to live on bread and I thought I was the only one who didnt complain!

Junius said...

(standing quietly staring at my feet)

Shankari said...

Ende,

Still clueless. but, bidi saaku.

Pallavi said...

nice to have read that !! :)

Shankari said...

Pallavi,

:)