October 02, 2006

Very Hungry


I am hungry for air. What abominable pain it is to be denied air. And I speak not merely of asthma or physically apparent respiratory distress, but the more insiduous distresses with which we cramp our lives.

Whenever the going is good and I OD, there it manifests itself, this hunger. There, and immediately then, I desperate need to drop all, run away and take in lungfuls of air. Air untarnished by the breath of others. No odours from the past or the present, no obstructions to my pathways, no shocks to my blood gases. I cannot allow my aspirations to mix with my vital processes, without risk of very dire consequences.

Gimme my mandatory dose of plenty of air (as fresh as it can get!)


Note: This post was on my lappy as a draft for over two months. Glad to have finally expelled it!

3 comments:

LAK said...

Strange how similar things come into our minds almost at the same time. For many months now I have been conscious of the fact that I am unable to breathe in complete lungfuls of air. No asthma or anything, touchwood!Recently joined a yoga class and am getting in touch with my breathing---the teacher was slightly amused---saas lena bhool gaye ho--she said!

LAK said...

I should have said saans, not saas!Hee, hee!

Shankari said...

Saans or saas, ki farq painda hai?

(Kyunki saans bhi kabhi Bahut thi!)

lol