October 29, 2006

Lumping back



After the extended festivities, this lump of lard finds herself limping back to get on with her life. Diwali was great as was the wedding which followed immediately. Met plenty of family, yakked non-stop, compared notes, dressed, matched, accessorised, gossiped family gossip, fought, wept, umm, the whole range you know.

It was fun while it lasted but now is payback time and all those 'empty' calories need to be worked off. With my wavering resolve, it devolved on dh to give me the push and he accompanied me to the gym this morning even while I sought to reduce the punishment to a longish walk to Ulsoor Lake.

The greetings began with one of the gym trainers talking enthusiastically about the beautiful, wet and cloudy Bangalore morning and how it was likely that the sun may not appear all day as I had actually taken the trouble of coming to the gym this am! The other trainers there had their share of similar jibes apart from pokes at my ribs (under all those layers of adipose). Love these guys and their easy banter which makes even an over-the-hill matron feel kind of special!

Given that we went so late, neither the usual morning studs were seen nor were the lissome svelte PYTs there, and both dh and I feasted our eyes on the Tiger in the Park on ESPN to the strains of Worldspace music which was blaring.

Back home I was exhausted, sweaty, aching and while all else remained the same, I am a bigger, fatter me! :(



(I know this is not much of a post, but bear with limping lumpa me- as Statcounter tells me the same people keep coming bak to check my blog whether I post or not!)

11 comments:

Sujit said...

hehe.. wow good.. you had nice time :).. had your weight gaining activity changed the climatic condition in bangalore :p//?

Anonymous said...

Nice.. :)
mehandi's cool..

Shankari said...

Sujit, Howdu ri :D

Ganga, hmm mehendi IS cool! :)

Ardra said...

Yes, I keep coming back and intend to check up every now and then- and then theres no definition to a post- just write what you please and we?ll read it happily?
Meanwhile best of luck with the working out project!
rgds
ardra

LAK said...

good for you--stick to it. Don't overdo it in the beginning. Try having your dinner before 7:30 pm---it really works. And B'lore weather is great for walks too!

Shankari said...

Ardra, nice of you to check on me and ya, I need all the luck

lak, this 'working out' aint a new project- my battle with my bulge has been on for long now :((

PS: one of my regular gym SAHM friends spied us walking back home that Sunday morning (with dh clutching at my arm) and the next day on I am being 'teased' about how we made a 'sweet' couple!

As I remarked to dh (who reads this blog diligently, too) thank God I was seen with him and no other ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shankari
Well me have still to start the war against bulge...wish me good luck.

Anonymous said...

of course we keep coming back. i do, for sure! don't really know why though...

lump of lard - *lol* - like that usage

really like the place around ulsooru - contonment, fraser town, is it...been there couple of times and really liked it.

good luck with ur WRP

Shankari said...

Anj, knowing you, if you've resolved to do something, it must be half done. Wish I had your determination!

DharmaB, don't know why? Me neither :D

Thanks, all the places you mention are n-i-c-e.

Pallavi said...

Sigh tell me about calories !!! :)

Shankari said...

Pallavi,

thot you're systematically going about demolishing them calories, na?