August 10, 2006

That tag, this day!

In this blog-eat-blog world, a novice like me needs to watch it. I seek to insulate myself through my extremely limited readership and the fact that I choose to stay within the confines of my own comfort zone. I do not form any significant part of the blogger eco-system out there - not even an 'insignificant microbe'. No links to the blog gods or their pundits, no blog lines or rolls - this blog is just a LOT of myself on display for any or every one who may wish to read it. Detailing about the boring inanities of my grey existence, suddenly, from out of the blue, someone springs up to a-tag.

First, it was Africableu and Artsymama, who pegged me on the tag-line. Then I breathed easier- thought I acquired immunity from the tag-rag-tag like childhood measles.

No such luck, alas. It was Lak who started round two of the game as early as in March this year, demanding to know all manner of things about the me and books I own read and all! Then more recently it was Chitra who demanded to know five secrets in my freezer, car, closet, purse. And now Priya has tagged me demanding that I reveal all manner of details of who and what I am! Wish I knew the answers to all these tags!


Embarking on the various tags, I would still prefer to beg off the books one, Lak. That is something which I really don't feel upto now- so maybe another day, that tag?

Chitra, the things in my freezer, car, purse, closet would be mere manifestations of my usual cornucopia- my 'Bhanumati ka pitara' as it were! So I head first to the last, Priya's tag.

I'm thinking about:

Too many things to be recorded - work, home, the children, my parents, my family, my friends, the spare tyres around my middle, other friends, others, more friends, people around me, the people not around me...


I said:

Ever and never too often to be saying them again (hmm, does that say what I wish it to?)


I want to:

Take a break


I wish:

To write like this and this and whatever Scott writes; I wish to scrap like this; I wish to making a smocking frock (white/ blue/ pink?), even if I couldn't make it for my daughter, I hope to for hers, I wish to wish a LOT less :)






I hear
:
A lot of birdsong, the wind in the trees, the sounds around me and most of all- the noises in my head!


I wonder:
How simple things get complicated and at times how the complicated sort themselves out simply.


I regret:
little.

I am:
rather confused

I love:
All that I don't violently hate


I dance:
as if I had two (4?) left feet!

I sing:
off-key

I cry:
often and for all and any one. But most of all, I cry for my self.

I'm not always:
consistent.

I make with my hands:
all manner of odds and ends which keeps me busy in the making but holds little permanent value.

I write:
with little care, intensely, as rough and ready as I am.

I confuse:
and mix metaphors


I need:
at times, a lot to keep me afloat, and at others, keel over nothing at all.


And finally:.
I fear this isn't what I was meant to write at all :p

11 comments:

Unknown said...

the final fear says all? :)

scott said...

You are too kind. Thank you.

I don't get out to comment much these days with my new blog-hostile work environment, but I still read here.

Hello, Shankari.

Shankari said...

Hi Atul!
Alas, there is little finality in that fear :p

Scott,
Hello.

Junius said...

why do cry so much haa?
i dont even remember when was the last time i cried...
see when you feel sad naa, look up, at the vaaassst, endless sky,
we are sooo tiny....we are notthhing....then why this ego....
why to make our feelings sooo big haa.....

Mellowdrama said...

I know exactly what you mean...the bit about cutting away from the blogging eco-system and getting tagged :) Nice read, what is it you do..hmm that didn't come across. Btw crying is good, cousin of mine has been told by his doc to cry..cleanses the eyes or some such crap, so there, don't feel bad when you crumple those soggy tissues. Cheers!

Priyamvada_K said...

Shankari,
That was a fun read. I liked the "I wonder" part - very true.

Thanks for doing the tag.

Priya.

chitra said...

"i hear most of all the noises in my head" : do u really use ur head ? i thought u listen to ur heart.

LAK said...

Clever, You haven't revealed yourself much. I still live in hopes that you'll get around to doing the book tag--I think I've just inched forward in the tag queue!

Shankari said...

Hey Ende, I am big! ;)

Hi Mellow, a-tissue a-tissue and I feel fine! :)

Priya, thanks for the tag, yaa!

Chitra, my heart? It just goes dub-dub-dub-dub-dub-dub-dub-dub... So boring to listen to that!

Lak, tag queue, tag queue! Shall come round to it hopefully!

chitra said...

Shankari,

Ur heart reaches out to everyone and you listen to it. And who else than I can confirm to that!

Shankari said...

Hey Chitra,

Firm confirm?

:)