May 09, 2006

Shocking behaviour

I am always capable of shocking my self and the others around me- but yesterday was a bit too much!

All day, I went around getting a not so mild buzz from all that I touched. After a point, my fingers were tingling so painfully that not all the rubbing helped. And my kids were pleading with me, 'mama, please don't touch'. Not only was I getting shocks from all manner of textile, mettalic and other surfaces, but was also giving huge shocks each time I touched the kids. Maybe 'twas the static from the long flight to Australia, but thank God, I am able to use all my fingers today.

Heres hoping that I get less shocking!

2 comments:

AfricaBleu said...

I always shock the fire out of my kids when we pass the refrigerated cases in the grocery store -- I don't know why there, in particular, but always -- and painfully, too.

On the upside, if the electricity goes out, you can just stick a lightbulb in your mouth... :)

LAK said...

If you were a Hindi film heroine, the song the hero sang for you would be "current maare"!Remember the lines in Dil which go, "chaar sou chaalis volt hai, chhoona hai mana!"