May 10, 2006

At Home

Its been wonderful to be coming home to Australia.

Home, even though it is the first time we are visiting the place. Home because of the tremendous warmth and love we have received here. Sydney has been most hospitable and warm- giving us one sunny warm day after another, even as winter creeps up on this continent.

Warm and lovely because of meeting all the beautiful friends here- Hari, Rachna, Ela and Tapas and their kids. Each one of us singly and severally are being delighted in their company. Meeting and bonding after so many years, there is much to catch up on- much to discover and learn anew. And yet, old friends! A friend who has been reading my blog and was waiting with her daughter to discuss John Abraham with me(!). Hmm, maybe I may yet get to see Dhoom before I leave Australia.

The kids are having a blast reading old books and new, trying out new things, making new friends, learning the piano(!) We seem to be discovering ourselves anew. Bonding with the kids in the warmth and the love-filled ambience provided by our friends.

Done all the usual touristy must-dos of Sydney but in the company of these friends, it wasn't the typical touristy things- it was each of those places with all the associations and warm memories that the places evoke for them.

Home is where friends are!

8 comments:

Development Junkie said...

Oh Great I was in Melbourne this february. I love Australia, it felt like home. Can't wait to get back next year.

Shankari said...

Wow Cecilia!

I aint going to Melbourne at all:(

Ganga,

Its great to have friends- anywhere! :)

B.S. said...

Wow- I am envious! I've not yet been to Australia, and after reading your posts, I think I'll wait until I have friends to visit there!

Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Betty

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

njoy njoy , u seem to b having a wonderful time and yaa nothing like visiting places with frends - they give a new meaning to the whole experience

chitra said...

Missing you and your comforting voice!

Call up, honey.

Junius said...

#shankari
chitra is talking of solitude and all da,
maybe you know her better,
talk to her :-)

Shankari said...

@endevour, talked to her da di da! :-)

Junius said...

thanku thanku :-)
cheers!