December 05, 2005

Saw Virrudh last night on TV -Wouldnt have but for my mother who rang me up and ADVISED me to see it as she had already seen it on another channel and was actually settling in to see it back to back on the next channel!!
First things first. John Abraham is just TOO good, cute , hunky & all (I don't share the mother- daughter crush on him with my mother, its with my preteen! My mother can't see beyond the Big B anyway) But why do we have to see John dying in his movies??? Given that the movie was telecast on 2 channels on the same day and half of the TV watching Big B adoring nation would have seen it by now, this doesn't count as a Spoiler, does it?
Having said that, the casting was PERFECT! Sanjay seems to have perfected the good hearted baddie character by now. Sharmila was fabulous- her graceful dignity seems to get better with the years. BTW, I did see some traces of that Manasi character from one of her old movies where she was the complacent housewife who transformed herself to face the threat to her marriage from a 'fresh' Sarika. Can't remember the name of that one. And the dialogues were really good.
But of course, the STAR was Mr Bachchan himself. Anyone who still hasn't seen it, is strongly advised to do so imm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted a comment in this. But probably went into your mailbox. Anyway, I got access to net in my office from today .

Now, shall regularly read your postings.

Take Care
Chitra

Anonymous said...

"gruhapravesh"? sanjeev kumar as the hubby......have put this on my must watch list after reading ur post- tho who knows when that will happen?

Shankari said...

Yes Meena, Grihapravesh (sp?) it was.
BTW, dh who doesnt have/ plan on having his own blog, doesnt even *comment* on mine, but keeps giving me bit of gyan in typical spousal fashion (it works both ways, you know), told me of another AB movie (I ahvent seen that movie- as blasphemous as it may sound)where the angry young man goes and confronts the baddies in their own den (or garage as it were) and locks them up. So many years and movies later, Big B in this movie goes to the baddies place, records a confession, SHOWS it and leaves after shooting baddy. So how much of this character is the 'character' and how much of him is actually AB???

LAK said...

That movie was, yes, Grihapravesh, on which I plan to put a post soon. Don't you think sanjay dutt was under-utilised? Locking up the baddies--Deewaar of course! yep shades of that in this scene, but killing the baddie didn't gel with the rest of the character. And getting away with it?