December 06, 2005

Getting back

Life has strange ways of getting at you. On one of my numerous flights a couple of weeks ago, just as I was manoevering myself, my woman-sized handbag, my awkwardly shaped shoulder bag past the narrow Y-class aisle and past 2 well settled folk into my window seat, I was assaulted by one of the shrillest Shankaaaaareeeeeee.s I've heard in a long time! It was one of my gym mates and don't ask me what she was doing in that neck of the woods! Just my karma, I guess.
She was rather glad to see me 'cornered' finally after 3 months of no-show. She took me task about being irregular, made extremely detailed enquiries about me(!) much to the obvious embarrassment of my fellow travellers and me and ordered me to get back - into shape.
And finally, this morning I went and presented myself to all there, the 30, 40 & even 50 pluses, mostly SAHMs who continue to care. To admonish, advise, cajole me to care for myself! Its good to be back!

3 comments:

arvindiyer said...

We are all but chamelon of Karma:) and its always good to be back anyways. have a wonderful week!!

scott said...

You're very poetic, even when you're describing ordinary events and people. It's refreshing. I have to admit, I often have a foreigner's ignorance when I read many of your posts, but so many other, more important things are universal.

Hello, Shankari.

Shankari said...

Welcome Arvind! Keep dropping in and please post in your blog...

Hello Scott.
Does it mean I'm not booted out for making 'statements'? ;) Yes, there is a lot of 'foreign' stuff but lets not forget the important stuff...