December 08, 2005

SAHM- A note

Ok this note is for all you geeks and others who don't know what SAHM stands for!

SAHM is but mere modern-ese for what IS the oldest profession for women even if it was never acknowledged so - from the hunter-gatherer stage of *men* and onwards. The appellation may change through the ages- housewife, homemaker being the kind of accepted terms to politely state the gender role so succintly stated by de Beauvoir:

I cook; I wash; I bear; I rear; I nag; I wag; I sulk; I sag.-

Stay At Home Moms, mothers and sisters, more power and visibility to you!

4 comments:

AfricaBleu said...

Right back atcha, sister-girlfriend. SNAP!

Prithi Shetty said...

Wow, thanks for introducing this new acronym to me

LAK said...

Felt good about myself! thanx!

Shankari said...

Welcome Prithi and Lak and thanks Becky