November 13, 2006

Happy Chill-ones day!

It started as early as the first of November itself. The initial excitement started with Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties that the school is organising a trip to.

Then one evening when I came home dog-tired as usual, there was an insistent shrill demand that I make a chart of Chacha Nehru, followed by other such demands. There were many discussions and questions regarding the man and why his birthday meant that all kids could have a day off. After much of this grilling, I was on the receiving end. I was being told by my little one how everyone should love children, be kind to them and celebrate and have a great time on chilluns day.


Celebrate childhood!


PS: Show me a woman
who is not guilty and I'll show you man- said 'feminist' Erica Jong. But then O. Henry thought it could be the man too who could be The Guilty Party. On children's day (ouchie, sounding a bit preachy) lets remember to do our bit by the kids of the world, most importantly, our own.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shankari
'Twas a bolt of pleasure from out of the blue to receive your comment on my blog.
The wonder of life is that wonderful people are always remembered.
I see that you still have the beauty of Roses in your thoughts and actions and that rose signifies you.
Shall write again - now to office
Deepak

Pallavi said...

So many posts.. will go through all..
And a happy children's day to you too... hugsssssss !!!!

Sujit said...

hehe... so you had a to take a lesson from little one :p.. hehe..

Jerusha said...

Hey Shankari, nice of you to drop by my turf :)
Happy childrens day to you and your kids! (:) that sounds really lame but I'm deprived of creativity these days, if I ever had any that is)

Shankari said...

Hi Deepak! 'Twas a surprise! Ganga it was who led me to you. And then discovered another common person- Maya Sriram who was till recently at Doon!

Hi Pallavi,

lagta hai aaj bahut time tha! Been missing you

Sujit, hmm. thats the way it was.

Sundancer Hiiii! The kids n I had a great time, although 'we' are past the beyblader phase!

Junius said...

hehe appy chilluns de frum mee too

Anonymous said...

although i don't like the chacha nehru fellow too much, chilluns day perse is a wonderful thing to celebrate.
i think we ought to celebrate it everyday, for they are the only hope of the future world.
btw, me in bangalore for the next two days for a conference. it too cold there?

Ardra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ardra said...

Dear Shankari,
thanks for commenting on my page. I understand what you were trying to say,abt the almost physical like yearning for Krishna...can realte to that completely. was wondering if you'd be interested to go thru these?

http://kanupriyaa.blogspot.com/2005/03/itihaas-1.html

http://ardramaamsandhyakal.blogspot.com/2004/12/eternal-quest.html

warm regards
ardra

Anonymous said...

I just wrote the same words at Gangadhar's blog also,A child's life is filled with innocence,simplicity and joy,all are his friends and none a enemy,there is no place for jealousy and no place for hatred,we were once like that too but Alas,to tend to higher aspirations we leave behind it all,only to realize that we got nothing now,Through kids lets live that beautiful life again.
I have been here for last six months but its the first time i thought of leaving my footprints:)

Shankari said...

Hullo folks

Shall get back to each of you when I am up and typing again. And thanx foe de-lurking Alapana. :)