July 17, 2006

I am back (short rant) ...

in.

Was out and travelling for a part of the previous week. Was incommunicado for a most of the while as the places I visited were remote and free of such luxuries as mobile telephony and GPRS. There were patches where there was mobile connectivity, but it was not offered by my provider. So was in quite a diferrent world, from the one I find myself inhabiting.
Met many people, received much warmth, did things I wouldn't 'normally' do such as eat Jack (never my favorite fruit!), sucked on honey from the honey-comb (ugh, how did I do that?), laced hands and danced with women I've never met before and am never likely to meet again, ...
Came back to the usual effusive response from the kids and family. And some! Dh serenaded much with what I now understand to be Raag Malgunji! Kids extracted all manner of promises that I shan't be leaving again in a long time. My parents were glad to see me back and my assorted family spread all over and other friends made all the right noises, as if I had undergone some trial by fire instead of a routine work-trip. Maybe they were all amazed that this time too I had returned to my life and to them!!!

But what still astounds me is that there are others- relatives, in-laws, worried international friends (in the wake of Mumbai blasts) and so on who were so shrill in their complaints that I was unavailable. They had enquiries to be made, help to be sought/ offered, wishes to be passed on, all serious business - so how could I have not been there?

Well, to all you, just saying I am back at my post.

For those who may not have read this one on Happier marriages yet, would you read it?

Also another interesting feature on a woman who understood all about marriage, even if a bit late.

And if Einstein were a woman, what would have been the most remarkable feature of that personality- a man is all. Huhn? ? ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

laced hands and danced with women I've never met before......wow..you had somuch fun!!! I think you did this with Paderu tribal people?
Where do your parents live?
And i found interesting links here..thank you..

Shankari said...

Ganga,

The dhimsa dance was an impromtu celebration at a remote village with fireflies providing much glitter! There was much attendant mayhem with the dancers, drummers and the extremely participative audience joining in the fun. I was to sit sedately and enjoy the performance, but joined in! :D

My parents are not there- infact they are close by here in B'lore. :)

Glad you found the links interesting.

Anonymous said...

You sound in love with life :-)! Are we ready for next week?

Shankari said...

Suma,

In love with life??? :O

To the meet next weekend!

Anonymous said...

what meet?

Baffled