July 02, 2006

A wail of the time

The past few days have found me slipping precariously deep in my depths. (And I am so out of depth there)

As a child I used to be accused of behaving like a 'sponge' soaking in all things around me. Maybe thats why, when pressed, I tend to release huge amounts of fluid. Every single thing said/ not said, done/ not done, thought/not thought, imagined/ not imagined seems to provoke me to tears. The tears, they flow suddenly, long or not. Am being such a sensitive so and so that every body around me seems to be wary. Meanwhile, I try to keep out the way of my kids as the sight of a bawling mum isn't the wholesome experience that should enrich their childhood.

Among the random and disconnected events which are contributing to my malaise are the fact that the 2006 FIFA World Cup is to be an all European tournament - bereft of any Latino presence, the situation in Vidarbha, the PM's visit, the WTO talks and India's position therein, the lot of Indian farmers and a lot more!

Till I turn to my last resort (ALA), need wail aid and more tissues.

6 comments:

Priyamvada_K said...

Every single thing said/ not said, done/ not done, thought/not thought, imagined/ not imagined seems to provoke me to tears.

Uh?! You sure you're not a Cancerian or some water sign? Heart bleeding for social causes is very Aquarian, though...

Sometimes when one's under a lot of stress, they can get too sensitive....So stress-related seasonal sensitivity maybe?

Whatever it is, take it easy - and take sometime to yourself to relax a bit.

Priya.

chitra said...

Shankari,
Crying is an expression which we should not be ashamed of. When we show anger and other emotions in fromt of our children, why should we hide our tears.

they should know what hurts you.

Vasudev Murthy said...

crying is good.

VM

Shankari said...

Hi Priya, Chitra n Vasu, thanks all.

It seems crying is not so bad after all! Great to know I have nothing to hide under my rug or stuff in the closet- here goes- boo hoo...

K said...

Hey crying is a lot better than finding inventive ways to kill yourself. Mindless video games where I go about killing frags works for me though. Trust me, I've seen more than I want to remember!

Shankari said...

O K,

Finding inventive ways of killing self is also one of
the enduring themes, alas- like all enduring themes an unending one! :p