January 12, 2007

Break Break Break - Disorder Changeth

Happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought, a state of mind.



Guess the accepted thing to say about my non-blogging would be to crib about the desertion by a muse and how the flow of creative juices has all but dried up... but how about the truth for a change?
The fact is that for ADD-afflicted me, this blog has lost its limited (at best dubious) charm and am reluctant to waste more bytes on it.

Plus want to organise myself better in this year which promises to bring MUCH change in my life.

And have PLENTY of things to sort out in the real non-blog world and not time enough to do a halfway decent job of getting those things done.

Am terribly disorganised and tend to be obsessive at nearly all the diversely varied and immensely interesting things(!) that I take up and compulsively see through till the damn end.
(The words 'obsessive' and 'compulsive' together in a single sentence, draw your own conclusions, dear reader!)

Most pertinently, my maid has abandoned me (I continue to live is another matter!) and am obsessively compulsively perversely scouring dishes, doing laundry and various other domestic chores which have taken over my former on-line hours. So all you who flocked to my blog are hereby invited to drop in to check out the fare at the table, the shine of the cutlery, and all the rest (see I am still learning).

Au revoir or as a
favourite icon would have said, Je Reviens (chez nous?)!

Or lets just say,
brb huhn? :)

UPDATE:

There are maids lurking in the horizon but resolutely, I still hold my ground, not hiring them and surrendering my soul to them. DH, when he visits us occasionally from his busy work schedule, is worried as he knows that I may well be perverse but am also inconsistent and that any moment the dam would burst. Meanwhile I wallow in my domestic drugde surfacing for but a few moments online.

The upside is that the kids are loving my 'genius' at cooking (they thought their mom could just NOT cook!) and kissing my fingers when they get time off from licking the 'divine dishes' off their fingers! DS has even learnt to appreciate things other than the spuds - if this was all it took, wish I had done this earlier! :)

4 comments:

dharmabum said...

u've gotta to be kidding me, shankari!

" this blog has lost its limited (at best dubious) charm"

not for me, no...

"immensely interesting things(!) that I take up and compulsively see through till the damn end"

thats really cool. *admiration*
i've almost never done that u know, coz i just tend to get bored of everything so quickly and so damn easily.

for now, i'm hopeful, when i say -

a tout a l'heure !!!

LAK said...

Dropped by to check if your maid came back (you commented on my post, na)Sympathies. Why no replacement? Of course, all maids are not equal,and getting used to/training another really takes a lot of effort. I believe Shilpa Shetty was describing how many servants she had, on big brother. The other people seemed unbelieving. Saw it on Neha's blog.

LAK said...

Please don't stop writing in here----you can at least rant about your daily struggles with the dishes and washing!hope you get another maid soon---in the interest of your readers!

Junius said...

i agree with lak...
if that is the case why did ya start writing at all?
reading u think sour has become a habit now
u have to write, otherwise i will start crying now like anu does...