November 20, 2006

Left/ Right

The cardboard hero of the Mahabharata, Arjuna was true to type- macho, indecisive, insecure about his mother's love for him, competitive, exploitative, suppressing all legit competitors by fair means or foul, polygamous - the epitome, as it were, of Indian malehood. There was one thing, however, truly remarkable about him. The facet of Arjuna which fascinated me, made me blind to all his faults and made a hero of him in my eyes, from was that one of his appellations was Savyasachi (the ambidextrous one).

While I can do a few simple tricks like writing backwards and to a limited extent even writing longhand with my left hand, I cannot type with my left. This and other such constraints to my ambidexterity are made very apparent to me now that my right wrist is afflicted with RSI.

So folks till my right rights itself, among other things, no more blog hopping for me and no more posts here...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boohoo, Shankari -- sorry! Rest and get well soon.

Sujit said...

get well soon!.. but what happend?.. had a boxing ?..

chitra said...

Shankari,

Will miss u.

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

I am missing you already...jaldi jaldi thik ho jao.

LAK said...

Hey, get well soon. Any physiotherapy? And maybe now is the time to try typing with your left!

Anonymous said...

Hope that gets better soon!

Pragya

B.S. said...

Dear Shankari,
I hope your healing is progressing nicely, and I'll wait patiently for your return.

Many hugs,
Betty

Shankari said...

Thanks guys! Hope all this rest helps my right before it ruins my left! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope u r doing gud,shankari,..

take care

Anonymous said...

Big B is ambidextrous, i have heard.

Prashant Karkera said...

Get well soon...

Anonymous said...

Oh ho ! Get well soon !

Anonymous said...

Get well soon.
alapana

http://aalapana.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

get well soon, pretty please!
ano

SUNITI JOSHI said...

Hope you are better now. Some injuries are weird. My little finger on right hand started hurting. Reason? I used it to support my heavy mug of coffee:) Now that I stopped that, it's ok again.

Loved your blog. Don't ever stop blogging.
-suniti

Shankari said...

thanks all you lovely folk!

Su, there is something about little fingers and teacups which reminds me of some of my favourite books, but coffee mug and little finger? hard work for that teeny weeny one. take care :)